Shane Warren has dreams, visitations and prophetic messages.
God told Shane Warren through a dream to tell this story and interpretation on TV. In “Dying On The Threshold”, Shane relates the story in Judges 19 to our present.
A summary from this TV clip of Shane with Perry Stone following the Biblical story in Judges 19:1-30.
- A Levite priest loved a concubine
- Priest represents God’s people, concubine represents those who don’t know God
- They traveled dangerously in the dark during a war
- They’re in the dark making bad decisions
- They end up in a man’s house eating, drinking and having a good time
- Church people want to be entertained
- Evil men came to the door demanding the priest so they could have sex with him
- Sexual immorality
- Priest got scared and slipped them the woman he supposedly loved
- God’s people are cowards when there’s danger
- Evil men raped and beat her severely all night long
- People who are hurting and desperately need help
- She crawled to the door step but the priest was asleep
- God’s people in America are self-serving jerks asleep in the dark
- Door was shut
- America’s dying hand is on the threshold of the church but God’s people shut the door and make themselves comfortable
- Priest finally woke up, opened the door and said, “Get up, let’s go.”
- Ice ice baby… God’s people are ice-cold
- Priest cut her dead body into 12 pieces
- God’s people are guilty of desecrating the people we allow to die
Judges 19:30 All who saw it said, “Nothing like this has ever happened or been seen from the day when the sons of Israel came up from the land of Egypt to this day. Consider it, take counsel and speak up!” (NASB).
When people heard this story they were shocked, wanted to know what to do about it and wanted someone to speak up!
Q: Is this why many of us who are searching for God don’t care for church and religion?